Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
2 tbls cooking fat of choice, separated (tallow, ghee, or coconut oil)
1 lb ground breakfast sausage
2 1/2 c broccoli florets
Salsa or hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat 2 tbls cooking fat in a medium size oven safe frying pan and add the ground breakfast sausage. Cook until the sausage is cooked through and there’s no pink. Be sure to break the meat up while it’s cooking.
3. When the breakfast sausage is done, turn off the heat on the stovetop, add the broccoli florets and distribute them evenly throughout the breakfast sausage mixture.
4. Whisk the eggs together in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk until the egg yolks and whites are combined.
5. Pour the egg over the breakfast sausage and broccoli. Gently mix the the three ingredients together.
6. Place the pan in the preheated oven and set the timer for 20 minutes. When the timer is complete check the frittata to see if it’s cooked through. It should be slightly browned on the top. If it’s not done, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat this process until it’s cooked through.
7. Enjoy with salsa or hot sauce or just as it is!